INVITE SOMEONE TO CHURCH
God always uses people to grow people. Here at Christ's Church of Yukon, we go all out to be real, humble and welcoming. We are far from perfect, but we've experienced deep life change because of Jesus, and we want others to experience that, too.
We want to do everything we can to remove unnecessary barriers that can keep people from knowing, trusting, and following Jesus. There is power in connection. We all flourish when we are rightly connected with God and with each other.
Look, we get it. Inviting someone to church can feel uncomfortable or awkward. But it doesn't have to be that way.
WAYS TO EXTEND AN INVITATION
If you need a good friend, be a good friend, and watch what God does. Sometimes all it takes is a simple invitation to build a meaningful relationship and jumpstart someone's spiritual journey.
- Casually ask a family member, friend, neighbor, or colleague to join you at one of our services or events.
- Host a watch party, and invite someone to watch church online with you.
- Share a CCY social media post or invite.
- Text a friend and invite them to the next weekend gathering in-person or online.
- Share the CCY livestream service on social media.
HAVING THE CONVERSATION
At some point, you'll need to help people see what Jesus is offering. Maybe you're not sure what to say. Maybe you're afraid they'll ask you a question that you won't have an answer to.
But you know what? Maybe it's time to just start the conversation. You don't have to be perfect. You just have to be real.
Get them talking. Ask more questions and really listen. Learn their story. It's amazing what God will do and where He will lead the conversation.
When the time is right, ask them to church with a loving spirit. Keep it clear, keep it concise, keep it humble, and make sure that you point them toward Jesus.
Here are some ideas for introducing someone to Christ's love into your conversation:
- "Hey, do you have a church? Why don't you join me at Christ's Church of Yukon?" (or, "Why don't you join my watch party?")
- "Would you like to attend church with me? I attend Christ's Church of Yukon. We meet at 9:30am for Sunday Bible classes and at 10:30am for Sunday worship.
- "My church has some great music and thoughtful messages. If you want to check it out in person, let me know. Or you can watch our livestream this weekend."
- "You know what? I'd love to tell you sometime what God has done in my life whenever you feel comfortable with that. I'd love to have that opportunity."
WHAT IF THEY SAY NO?
All of us get turned down sometimes, and that's okay! Just because someone rejects church doesn't mean they reject you. Just keep inviting, and don't get discouraged.